Construction works have begun on the deplorable Otukpo township road. This is coming at the wake of Governor Samuel Ortom’s presentation of the case of the obvious bad road to the minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, calling the minister to intervene immediately and save commuters the trauma of passing through what he called a death trap.
Speaking through his deputy, Engr. Benson Abounu at a virtual meeting of the Nigerian Governors Forum, Governor Ortom told the minister, who also briefed the Forum, that the road which is a gateway between the North and the South of the country has become impassable and needs urgent palliative measures to enable road users ply it.
Mr. Fashola responded by directing the case to the Federal Controller of Works, Benue State for immediate intervention.
It was at the tail of this that construction equipments and vehicles belonging to Roackbridge Construction Company arrived Otukpo town on Thursday.
|Road Construction Works ongoing|
The Executive Chairman of Otukpo Local Government, Rt. Hon. George Alli, who received the company’s Project Manager, Mr. Patrick Milan, assured the management staff of the Construction Company of guaranteed safety and protection of their lives and property while working in the land.
|Hon. George Alli.|
The company has therefore moved its equipments to the road site around Enugu Roundabout at Eupi, Otukpo and has commenced work immediately.
Oche Onu writes with reports.
BREAKING: CBN Bows To Pressure, Increases Withdrawal Limit to 500k
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has revised its cash withdrawal limit policy, stating that individuals and corporate organisations can now withdraw N500,000 and N5 million respectively within a week.
Platforms Africa reports that the apex bank announced this in a letter dated December 21 and signed by the CBN Director of Banking Supervision, Haruna Mustafa. The letter, which was made available to PlatformsAfrica, was addressed to all deposit money banks and other financial institutions.
“The maximum weekly limit for cash withdrawal across all channels by individuals and corporate organizations shall be N500,000.00 and N5,000,000.00 respectively,” the letter read.
Cash withdrawal above the limits shall be subject to a processing fee of 3 per cent and 5 per cent for individuals and corporate organisations respectively.
According to the CBN, the decision to revise the policy was based on feedback received from stakeholders.
Previously, individuals were constrained to N100,000 cash withdrawals weekly and N20,000 daily while corporate organisations were limited to weekly withdrawals of N500,000.
“Third-party cheques above N100,000 shall not be eligible for payment over-the-counter, while the extant limit of N10 million on clearing cheques still subsist,” the letter added.
The CBN said monthly returns on cash withdrawal transactions above the specified limits should be rendered to the banking supervision department, other financial institutions’ supervision and payments system management departments.
Breaking: Ronaldo To Join Al-Nassr For €200m euros per year
Cristiano Ronaldo is close to agreeing on a mega transfer to Saudi Arabian outfit All-Nassr.
In a report published by Spanish publication Marca, Ronaldo has been offered a two-year contract by Al-Nassr, who are able to sign the 37-year-old on a free transfer following his departure from Manchester United.
CR7 left United by mutual consent this month
Available on a free transfer.
Marca reports that Ronaldo has also attracted interest from MLS, but he is very conscious of picking up the most lucrative wage possible if calling time on his illustrious career in Europe.
Al-Nassr are willing to pay the Portugal forward a grand total of €400 million if he agrees on a deal to play for the Saudi Arabian club until 2025.
Ronaldo’s second spell at Old Trafford came to an acrimonious end earlier this month as United announced the termination of his contract by mutual consent. The decision was made following the five-time Ballon d’Or winner’s controversial interview with Piers Morgan, during which he accused the club of betraying him and admitted to having no respect for head coach Erik ten Hag
Should Ronaldo indeed end up joining Al-Nassr, he will link up with another former Premier League star in David Ospina, who played in goal for Arsenal between 2014 and 2019.
The striker is currently starring for Portugal at the 2022 World Cup, and will hope for another start when Fernando Santos’ side wrap up their group stage campaign against South Korea on Friday.
2023: Why I Will Vote For Peter Obi – Sheikh Gumi
Controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmed Gumi has revealed what would make him vote for the Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate, Peter Obi in 2023.Gumi assured Obi of his vote if he can restructure Nigeria if elected president in 2023.
He spoke in Kaduna yesterday while playing host to the former Anambra State governor and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed.Obi and his running mate were in Kaduna to attend an interactive session for presidential candidates organised by a joint committee of Arewa groups in the build up to the 2023 general elections. However, Gumi commended Obi for visiting and briefing him about his plan for Nigeria.
According to Gumi: “As you come here (Kaduna) people will like to hear your views about restructuring Nigeria; Nigeria has been restructuring itself from independence to date. It was never static, but I want to know about views on restructuring so that I can write on my Facebook page `this is the presidential candidate who can do this for me; I will assure him of my vote’”. Gumi also asked the LP presidential candidate how he intends to address the issues of agitations and poverty in the country.
“How are you going to deal with the issue of polarity and agitations across Nigeria? Every region is agitating because people are not happy, how are you going to make these people (agitators) happy under one table?“You talked more about the economy; the economy sometimes is more than the figures,” he added.